Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bissell ProHeat Pro-Tech 7920 series cleaner. I have

I have a Bissell ProHeat Pro-Tech 7920 series cleaner. I have recently bought a new tank and lid for the cleaner as the bladder had perished. I filled the tank with clean warm water and proceeded to clean my carpet but when the tank was empty of clean water, there was no dirty water to pour away. The tank was completely empty. What is wrong please and can it be fixed? Rosie
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Rosie,
are you saying the waste water tank had no water in it after the cleaning cycle? As if it put down the water but didnt pick it up?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes- that is correct. It used up all the clean water but there was no dirty water in there to pour away.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rosie thank you for that.
One of two things here, when you took the unit apart either you didn't make sure the seal or hose isn't seated right or there is a clog in the line that leads to the vacuum part which sucks up the water. Its a pretty common issue, even I have had that happen lol;-)
Unfortunately you will need to remove the waste water tank to check those things. Also while its apart is when you can check to see if water will pull up and into the line before you replace the tank.
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you have this repair complete;-)
Thank you Rosie, and have a great weekend.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have just tried it now. We have filled the tank in tank with warm water and made sure it was sitting in properly. I switched it on presses the trigger to put some shampoo on the carpet and released it. Again no water was to be seen at the front of the cleaner as usual but the carpet is wet. No dirty water is in the tank. The Tank on Tank is a brand new replacement as the old one's water holder had perished. Could the new tank be faulty?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rosie, there is no valves on the waste tank so it may also be a cracked hose are as I said a blockage in the line.
Thats really all there is to this system. And it has nothing to do with the fresh water tank if you had water in the rug it would suck it up if there isn't a leak or a clog from the line.
I'm here if you need me I will be here for you;-)
Please rate kindly at this time I will stick with you until this id fixed, you need to check the above mentioned things carefully to fix this:-)
Tech Michael