KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Bosch SHV43A03GB/42 The control module has a

Customer Question

I have a Bosch SHV43A03GB/42 The control module has a relay inside that keeps clicking and every few seconds and then the water inlet valve will open momentarily.
It stopped working mid cycle with water still in the washer, now it just clicks when switched on
Any ideas?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-r2vcwo6b- :

Must be 5 or 6 years old

Customer:

OK, how do you know it is the relay inside the control module thats clicking ?

JACUSTOMER-r2vcwo6b- :

I have taken the front off the dishwasher and I can feel it clicking inside the plastic covering.

Customer:

have you cleaned the drain pump/hose ?

JACUSTOMER-r2vcwo6b- :

The hose is clear havent looked at the pump yet as it doesnt look easy to get to, but can try it it if that is a likely cause?

Customer:

yes please clean the pump completely...you can also pull the appliance out and lay it on its back by around 45 degrees so that if there is any water inside it comes off

JACUSTOMER-r2vcwo6b- :

OK will give that a go, thanks

Customer:

let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-r2vcwo6b- :

Will do

Customer:

ok

JACUSTOMER-r2vcwo6b- :

Have cleaned pump and it is pumping out ok, but control panel still just clicking and nothing else happening?

Customer:

As the pump is fine and you still hear clicking sound from the control it is probably the control module itself that is bad and will need replacement...a new one is around £200

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks