George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I am fitting a caple 5 burner gas on glass hob C870GBK It

I am fitting a caple 5 burner gas on glass hob C870GBK
It is into a 40mm worktop
the unit is 55mm deep
the instructions say leave a 15mm gap under the unit which will then portrude through the top of the base unit and into the draw space by 3mm plus the 15mm gap
Does the gap have to be in a sealed space or will the space at the top of the draw suffice
any advice appreciated
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George.. There is no restriction to you doing so.. the area does not need to be sealed and best practices promote ventilation under the hob

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.