Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

6 months we purchased an electric aga DC 3 The first electric

6 months we purchased an electric aga DC 3
The first electric bill has come and it is £900.00 for the quarter up by £500.00 and secondly the ovens seem to lose heat, for example if you put in a frozen pie and some roast potatoes the temperature plummets, the pie stays soggy and potatoes want brown or go crispy.
I would like some advice so I am prepared for aga, as I have not had a great start from them.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
This could be a wiring problem. If the wires aren't heavy enough to carry the rated current then you would experience this problem. Or also a bad connection to the oven or even parts inside the oven can cause this. Since you have probably already used these same wires for another oven, I would suspect an electrical fault within the oven.
AGA units are pretty good in most cases, but we all eventually will get something from somewhere that has a fault even though its brand new. Its frustrating but they will likely fix this for you free of charge especially since the oven is so new and well within its warranty period;-)
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost;-)
So if you need me further even when they are coming out, just simply reply to this message and I will help.
Thank you and have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael