KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

BOSCH SGV4313GB/12 dishwasher

Customer Question

BOSCH SGV4313GB/12 dishwasher
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please elaborate the problem you have with the dishwasher

JACUSTOMER-rm0rf1gx- :

The dishwasher will not start any cycle. The light on the panel that normally signals the end of the cycle is flashing. I attempted a test cycle by pressing eco button and normal cycle button, then pressed on switch. Lights then flashed above the two cycles. I then attempted to run the normal cycle under "test mode" and although the waste pump appears to drain any water I manually put into the bottom of the dishwater, no external water appears to be being pumped into the machine. The pipes are hidden behind a kick board so should not have been tampered with and there doesn't appear to be any signs of leakage onto the floor. Mains valve is open. Possible problem with intake?

Customer:

Thanks for that...how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-rm0rf1gx- :

16 years. Model SGV4313GB/12

Customer:

OK, with the dishwasher unplugged can you pull it out and lay it on its back by around 45 degrees ... the float might be stuck causing this issue...

Customer:

it might not leak out however, it might be leaking internally

JACUSTOMER-rm0rf1gx- :

There is an aperture to the left on the floor of the dishwater. This has a sealed cap that unscrews and attached under the cap is a clear cylinder with a blue float inside it. This seems to be moving freely. I have tried emptying this large aperture of water and also with water in it, not knowing which state it was meant to have been in to work. The dishwater is fitted with an external wooden door skin, and having replaced a door seal last year, I understand the hassle of having to extricate it from its fitted tight space under a granite counter! I was hoping that pulling it out was a last resort.

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

this is the float for your dishwasher

Customer:

and I think the cylinder you are talking about is the drain pump

Customer:

or the circulation pump

Customer:

after cleaning completely it should work...if it wont then the problem is likely with the control that will need replacement

JACUSTOMER-rm0rf1gx- :

I will take a look at both ends then - the front, inside the main aperture which has the silver mesh lid, and having unscrewed a single screw on a protective lid, i can see the "propellor" end of the pump, and the end of the tunnel which I presume is in the left hand aperture. Inside the main aperture there is recess to the bottom right. I can feel the coned end of a screw pump? which I had assumed had been the drain pump, as the amount of water I had placed in the aperture appeared to be reducing.

Customer:

OK, let me know how it goes...also check this Video ... it might help you