Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Lennox G8R-54/65B warm air downdraught model. When

Customer Question

I have a Lennox G8R-54/65B warm air downdraught model.
When I raise the temperature on the thermostat the gas is ignited and the fan motor sounds as if it is running but no warm air is blown out of the room grills.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hi and good after noon, how old is your Lennox unit?

Michael :

I haven't seen a reply form you on this chat so I will set us up as Q & A , it works better;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stan,
How old is your Lennox unit?
Also when was the last time it was professionally cleaned?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

30 years old - cleaned five years ago

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Stan for that information. This is more than likely just in need of a basic service.
This will happen when the units internal sensors are dirty and in need of cleaning, this should be done every two years.
They will clean the unit and make adjustments for normal wear.
It may also need a new part such as a nozzle or filter. But both of those parts are inexpensive but should be done by a qualified gas technician in your area.
If you check near the unit there may be a sticker with the service companies name and # ***** it or if you need the # ***** a good Tech for this, please let me know your state and town.
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost;-)
Thank you And have a great day Stan;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If the thermostat is calling for heat and the burners are ignited and the motor/fan sounds as if it is running there is no warm air being blown through the vents!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stan thats all correct. But the problem is that the burner is not igniting. This can be caused by a failed thermocouple( a safety device) or simply a unit in need of cleaning, the reason you have no heat is because of a sensor. It could be a light sensor, or the thermocouple failing as I suspect. I have been a heating technician for over 30 years so I'm pretty sure of my diagnosis. The thing is, if you know a bit about heating repairs I will help you make the repair but the unit would still require a good cleaning and that requires special tools as well.
But let me know what you would like to do, this will involve some gas fittings to be removed and replaced.
I'm here for you even after you rate my service at this point.
Thanks Stan.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thermocouple is working OK gas ignites the fan/ motor seems to be blowing but no warm air comes from vents.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stan,
is there any air coming from the vents or does it seem like its blocked?
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stan, I will be out for a few hours if you need further assistance, please reply to this message and I will respond promptly upon my return.
Tech Michael