Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

. I have a Bosch dishwasher. When I press the start button

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Bosch dishwasher. When I press the start button the cycle commences but after about 3 minutes it signals that is has ended by the buzzer and the end light comes on inside. Do you have any idea what might be causing this and what the problem could be. Thank you. Amanda
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Amanda, Could you kindly give me the full E Nr of the product which is usually laser engraved on the top stainless steel edge of the door or if not there on a label down the side of the door ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-k4np59g9- :

Yes it is SMV50E00GB/17

Dales-Electronic :

OK hang on I'll just dig out the manual

Dales-Electronic :

Ah that's a good start no manual ~ lets do it the old fashioned way. Cant you put it on the prewash program, start the program and then tell me if you can hear the circulating pump (not the drain pump) start to swish the water around?

JACUSTOMER-k4np59g9- :

Can you tell me which the pre wash symbol is? Sorry I have no manual either

Dales-Electronic :

OK its the program you would use perhaps to dampen the plates after breakfast for a proper wash later, likely either the first or the last program on the top there ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-k4np59g9- :

I have put on the program with the symbol that looks like a shower head and this seems to be functioning and is still doing so but I haven't opened the dishwasher to check

Dales-Electronic :

OK just checked on the earlier model and its called pre-rinse, but with the shower as display ~ I just need you to tell me if it goes through ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-k4np59g9- :

Ian that has gone through now

Dales-Electronic :

OK now put it on the highest temperature one you have and tell me if it goes through (I expect it will stop after a few minutes but just need you to check for me)

JACUSTOMER-k4np59g9- :

Hello. I put it on the highest temperature and it went through and cleaned the dishes. However, I tied some more dishes

JACUSTOMER-k4np59g9- :

Hello I put it on the highest temperature and it went though and cleaned the dishes. After that I put more dished in and tried the same by putting it on at the highest temperature again but without the pre rinse and it wouldn't start. I did the pre rinse again and then the highest wash and it is now working. Any thoughts?

Dales-Electronic :

I think you have an electronic module fault or one of the relays on the electronic module is faulty. The module is available as a spare part but would you feel happy to change it? If not I would suggest that you get an engineer in and if you need one give me your postcode and I will give you a couple in your area ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-k4np59g9- :

Thank you. I live in HG2 8NU

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me a moment and I'll come back to you with the information ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Two companies ~ Nigel Scaife CES 01423 888925 or Phil Dill DES 0113(###) ###-####both companies can carry out this repair on this product. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut down the job on the system whilst allowing you to ask further questions on a free of charge basis. Thank You for you question and please feel free to come back to me for further advice if needed ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Phil Dill ~01132460992