George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, I'm Chris, I've had a Creda Europa model 43945

Hello, I'm Chris, I've had a Creda Europa model 43945 for at least 30 years now. The timer has broken and also the oven light. It's been so good to us all these years we would like to fix it rather than replace it. Can you help me please. I've been looking all over the internet but you might know something I don't.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Chris, my name is George.. Give me a few moments and I'll see what information I have on your appliance

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

Hello George, I've got half an hour or so, but it would be good to find an answer

George-Allsorts :

Sorry to give you this information Chris, but the timer and bulb are obsolete, so I can not even find out if the clock is analogue or digital... If I recall correctly the timer is an analogue clock and if I am correct it has a label on the side of the clock.. If you have access to the clock and can give me the numbers etc. from the label, I may have one available.. Pictures would also help if possible

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

The Clock is still in the cooker. I could email you a picture of the front view, would that help?

George-Allsorts :

That would be a start, but we would need to identify the clock from the number on the label..

I'm not going anywhere.. I'll be available at various times for as long as you need..

I have several clock of this type taken from different models as we dismantled them for recycling

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

OK, I've just realised that the clock is in fact digital. I'm not too clever with technology! but if I had your email address i know how to send a picture from my phone.

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

The handbook say "digital clock and Auto timer"

George-Allsorts :

We may also be able to get you a replacement for that clock as appropriate... I can give you my works contact number of #07787182156 to send the photo to.

If you can, get the number from the casing of the clock

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

I've just sent a picture of the face on that number

George-Allsorts :

Ok thanks... It should get it as soon as I get into work

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

So do I just "save & Exit " from the chat? and be able to get back into the chat later. Will I have to pay £20 again?

George-Allsorts :

I have the picture... I don't have one of those ones, but, there is a company that used to repair those clocks..I will post the company details

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

Thank you for that George

George-Allsorts :

I don't think you have to pay again... I think you only pay once

George-Allsorts :

one moment

George-Allsorts :

Here are the details of the company... Give them a ring and ask if they still have that service.. but if the answer is no, then ask if they have a contact that does still provide the service:

--------------------------------------
QER Ltd.
Quality House
Reedlands Rd
WORKINGTON
Cumbria CA14 3YF

#0190-067913
--------------------------------------

George-Allsorts :

If necessary, here are two other companies that may be able to assist with service or information:

--------------------------------------
EMW Electronics
The Barn
Millfield
Forest Road
Oxton
NG25 0TD
Phone#0115-9652-118
--------------------------------------
NOVA electronics
700-702 Attercliffe Road
Sheffield
South Yorkshire S9 3RP
#0114-244-7257
--------------------------------------

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

Thank you for your help George. With the light would I be able to wire in a new fitting that would accept the threaded bulb?

George-Allsorts :

One moment Chris

George-Allsorts :

The bulbs are still available and I can see a Hoover version that is part number 09008137

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

Ive just asked my local spares shop if they have one of those bulbs but he said they are for vacuums and are 15watt and will only go to about 100* so that won't do will it?

George-Allsorts :

One moment

George-Allsorts :

Here is another bayonet version that is a 300degree bulb ELE3349

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

Ive spoken to my local spares shop again - he reckons its very small, that it's half the size of a household light bulb. The bulb we want is the same size as a household light bulb.

George-Allsorts :

Wow.. let me see if I can find that...

In answer to your other query regarding replacing the holder.. it depends on the size and shap of the holder.. some of the later models may have the same size holder but with a screw fitting

George-Allsorts :

Let me have a look later today when I go to our warehouse to see if I can find any hostorics on the model... I'll come back to you this evening

JACUSTOMER-nfnitrt5- :

thankyou for your help George. I'll keep trying

Hi Chris, I have checked the warehouse and there is not one of that type there... Hopefully, you will get better luck with the repairers.

I will keep my eyes open for any spares that come in from that model and let you know immediately if they do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you George. You've done your best. We'll have to carry on without the timer/ clock & the light. It is such a good cooker. We bought it from the Electricty board around 30-35 years ago. We've only replaced the fan twice in that time. I think it owes us nothing. They don't make things to last like that any more!!