Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I bought a Hotpoint washer/dryer 2 years and I feel badly let

Customer Question

I bought a Hotpoint washer/dryer 2 years and I feel badly let down because I feel it is ruining by clothes. Everything takes so long and is badly creased. Over my married life II have had several Hotpoints but this one is driving me mad.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the model number please so that I can look up the specs ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-06e8u9xt- :

Model noWDL540 P/G/A/K Regd on line

Dales-Electronic :

OK 7kg 1400 spin speed model, let me take you through a few points and then if you have further questions please feel free to ask. This model is made by Indesit ie its not a British Hotpoint. Because of its energy rating its uses less water and takes considerably longer to wash the clothes than you previous machine, in this case less fast heat but a gentle (ie longer) heat up period but washing for a longer duration. To explain this, in the earlier washing machines the washing machine would heat to the set temperature and once this was reached would wash for a set period depending upon fabric setting. In the later (yours) they calculate the time required to reach the set temperature and was until the temperature is reached then move to the rinse programs. Creasing is a direct result of spinning the clothes at a higher speed reduce the speed and thereby reduce the creasing.