Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Bosch avanti xx7 washing machine and it does the

We have a Bosch avanti xx7 washing machine and it does the cycle but won't spin at the end, we have checked the filter and that's all clear?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me your full ENr please should be on a label in the door hole ~ Ian

Customer: WAE24367/GB/40 FD9111 605627
Dales-Electronic :

Thanks just checking - I need you to get some dirty towels to mop up water with when we take out the filter again

Customer: Ok got them ready
Customer: I have removed the filter and cleaned it out, pump impeller turns freely
Dales-Electronic :

Put it onto spin and start it off and tell me if the impeller turns once it starts ?

Customer: Yes pump impeller spins fast
Dales-Electronic :

OK what you need to do now is check that the drain pipe is clear ~ this is done by blowing in the pipe at the drain end - are you able to do this ?

Customer: Have blown pipe and it seems to be clear
Dales-Electronic :

OK next thing to do is take off the sump to pump pipe and check that this is also clear and free of junk ~ come back to me when you have checked this out

Customer: Ok where abouts is this?
Dales-Electronic :

You need to find where the sump hose comes out of the wash tub and follow it down to the pump ~ place a wash bowl under the pump area and take off the hose where it fits to the pump, once the water is out of the way check that the hose is clear back to the wash tub and come back to me

Customer: Ok cleaned it all that was a couple of coins in there, when I put it through the spin cycle in turns slowly but does not get up to top speed?
Dales-Electronic :

OK can you confirm that it is actually now pumping the water out ?

Customer: Yes it pumps water away
Dales-Electronic :

OK when the motor is turning can you hear a 'fizzing noise' ?? ~ secondly if you try and spin the drum (stainless steel where you put your clothes in) is it free and not stiff?

Customer: There us a bit of a fizzing noise, the drum is free to turn
Dales-Electronic :

OK if you have a fizzing noise when it is spinning you need to replace your carbon brushes in the motor which will be worn out - the part number of these is 00616505 available from most appliance shops or if you need a link ping me back. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, once this is done you can ask all further questions free of charge ~ Ian

Customer: Ok thanks for your help
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.