George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162
Appliance

My Miele W844 washing machine won't work and the Rinses Light

is flashing.
I was trying to... Show More
is flashing.
I was trying to spin a large item which was very heavy after a wash.
Now it cuts out when I ask it to do anything - including starting any new programme.
I have removed the item and also followed the manual instruction to "finish" the job.
But the same problem reoccurs whatever I try to do next.
Show Less
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-itgb1zn4- :

Quite old.

JACUSTOMER-itgb1zn4- :

15 years

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks for that info....the flashing rinse in your washer indicates a problem with the motor circuit...the issue can be the carbon brushes (if not replaced recently) or the motor or the wiring from the motor to the control board. If the carbon brushes for motor have never been replaced then that is the first thing you should do...if you have laredy replaced them then check the motor for open circuit and the wiring.. sorry about the bad news but if it is the motor then looking at the age of this washer its worth buying a new one instead of spending £300 in buying a new motor.

replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** what KevinWhiteJA has said, but, also check the fuse on the EL200 board.. If the fuse is blown, replace it, if it blows again then the motor relay may have faulted and will need replacing too.

If you need the contact details of a board repairer then let me know.

If you need further information, kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.