George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a Tricity Bendix Double Oven/Grill which is O.K. except

We have a Tricity Bendix Double Oven/Grill which is O.K. except that the Main Oven will not start-up From Cold and the red light indicator does NOT light up, but the fan work.
We have found that if we switch on the top oven and operate it for long enough to heat it up fully, we then find that the Main Oven will work again and the red light indicator lights-up once more.
We wonder whether this is a fault with the thermostat or some related componant ?
Please advise of our best course of action.
Our e.mail address is :- *****@******.***
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you tell me the model number and pnc for the appliance please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

Hi George.,

George-Allsorts :

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

noworking from the operating instructions paperwork, the Model is 'Brecon', the model No. appears to be,

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- : (###) ###-####00 GBJ/9235/FTB I hope that this helps, as I Can't see any numbers on the oven itself anywhere.
George-Allsorts :

One moment whilst I attempt to find the information on that appliance please

George-Allsorts :

Is there not a label at the bottom of the oven

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

O.K.I'll wait.........

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

George, I have now found in the operating instructions where to find the serial No. on the Oven, having now had another look I have found the plate behind the drop down oven door and this reads.....ATB4518

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

Serial No.MFG. 30 900005 -Hope that this helps.

George-Allsorts :

I have found the information that I need and I'm just checking the wiring diagrams and replacement part availability.. just a few more moments.. I haven't deserted you

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

O.K. George.

George-Allsorts :

Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like the fault would be with a failing Main Oven Thermostat as you have suggested... The part(###) ###-#### ***** ***** but is also being listed as superseded to (082617358) but I would check the reliability of this by ringing Electrolux who now own the brand.

I have a copy of the wiring diagram and parts list; if that is any good to you I can post a link to them here for you?

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

Yes Please George, would I be able to fit this thermostat myself ?

George-Allsorts :

It depends really on your capabilities... I would not advise anything so technical to someone who has not had some form of experience

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

I am pretty handy and have gained some experience in my 78 yrs, but if O.K., where would I start, e.g. is the thermostat behind a panel of behind the heat control knob ?

George-Allsorts :

Yes it is.. and it is not a very easy job... Have a look at the diagrams I post for you in a moment and all will become clear I hope

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

O.K. any help or advice would be appreciated - Thanks.

George-Allsorts :

These are the only documents left for that appliance that Electrolux hold

George-Allsorts :

Electrolux Major Appliances and Floorcare are divisions of Electrolux PLC

Addington WayLuton, Bedfordshire, LU4 9QQ

Phone

03445 613 613

George-Allsorts :

Did you manage to download the documents?

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

George, I managed 2 of them so far, am now going to download No. 3 I apreciate your help, if once I have had a quick look-see at the oven with the power off, I will decide my next course of action, if in any doubt at all, I shall get a qualified guy in.

George-Allsorts :

I feel that it is likely that the oven weight may be too much for you... It is a very heavy one and I doubt that the front cover can be removed without the removal of the oven from the cavity.

Please keep hold of the documents for future use.. They are becoming very rare to find

I would appreciate at this time if you could see your way to rating the assistance so far... You can do this by using the smiley faces you can see.

George-Allsorts :

Let me know when you have managed to download the last one as I need to remove them from the server

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

Sorry for the delay Geore, I have not been able to check as yet, even though I have down-loaded the 3 rd Item.

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

Computers are not my best subject !

George-Allsorts :

:)

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

I0'll try and check that the drop box has done it's job.

JACUSTOMER-mqzpiq15- :

I'll let you get to bed, I'll carry on looking. Thanks again.

George-Allsorts :

I need to remove the file from the dropbox before going off-line .. But I need to make sure that you have managed to download it first

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George.,

Thanks for your enquiry, since we were last in contact, my wife and I have decided that we should invest in a new oven, rather than spend good money on the old,

As regard to the existing oven, it remains unreliable, only working now and then, so, as I have mentioned above, it has been decided that we shall be ordering a new oven, hopefully after Easter and one that will fit a new kitchen when we can afford to have one installed.

Thank you again for your help and advice.

David E.

Ok David, thank you for updating me; it is a shame to get rid of the old, but I do understand where you are coming from.

regards
George