Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916
Appliance

My iron won't completely heat up its a Bosch sensixx advanced

steam 2900w 6.0 bar pulse... Show More
steam 2900w 6.0 bar pulse 290g
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the full ENr and fd number please ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : Tds4570GB/02
JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : 9301
JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : FD:9301. E-NR. TDS4570GB/02
JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : What is the answer please
Dales-Electronic :

OK I need you to answer you a few questions to understand what is happening, when you set the iron to a temperature does the temperature icon flash or stay lit after a short while?

JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : It only flashes
Dales-Electronic :

OK when you say steam comes out of the upper end and water out of the lower end are you talking about the sole plate or hoses?

JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : The sole plate
Dales-Electronic :

OK and when did you carry out your last descaling operation?

JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : Yesterday after the problem occured
Dales-Electronic :

OK to state the obvious, this iron is temperature controlled by a electronic pcb connected to a NTC sensor, the fact that you have some heat indicates that the sole plate element is working but not getting hot enough. The fact that you get steam at one end and water at the bottom is because the sole plate is not hot enough. So in your case you have a problem with the either the pcb or the NTC sensor (pcb part number 00751215 @ £50 ~~ NTC sensor (part number 00622160 @ £21) - if you can use a multimeter I can help you test them out if you are prepared to take the iron apart. ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : Hi Ian thanks for your help I'm not able to take the iron apart but hopefully know someone you may be able to help me with the information you supplied to me. Many thanks
JACUSTOMER-d4f951y9- : gerard
Dales-Electronic :

Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job on the system but gives you the facility to answer further questions free of charge - Ian

Dales-Electronic :

typo the facility to ask further

Dales-Electronic :

Many thanks take care and see you next time ~ Ian