Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Bosch oven (integral) (top oven) fan is running after we

My Bosch oven (integral) (top oven) fan is running after we switch the oven off, should we switch the main switch off each time until we can get someone in to service/repair the oven if required?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the ENr for this oven please then I can give you specific information but generally in modern ovens there is a tangential fan in the top that keeps the electronics cool, this fan continues to run after the oven has been switched off after use until such time as the oven cools down and no damage can be done to the electronic circuits. Ian

Customer:

I have just telephoned home and my wife says the oven is cool, she does not know the ENr number and therefore I cannot give it to you. both top and bottom ovens appear to be working correctly, so it should be OK to leave the oven switched on?

Dales-Electronic :

OK what you need to do is once the oven is used leave it on, it should in the normal course of things switch the fan off after about 20 minutes if not then you can switch it off, if it doesn't switch the fan off , if you switch the oven off immediately you likely will cause damage to the electronics. The actual component that controls the fan is relatively cheap to buy. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, once done you can come back to me later once home and I can take you through the fault finding procedure on a free of charge basis ~ Ian