Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a De DIetrich dishwasher DVH610JUI with flashing LED's

I have a De DIetrich dishwasher DVH610JUI with flashing LED's indicating an overflow/anti-leak fault. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi I am sorry to hear that, how old is your dishwasher?

Customer:

5 or 6 years

Michael :

thank you for that

Michael :

if you want you can do the following if your handy and have a few basic tools.

Michael :

One of the most common causes for an overfill fault is that the dishwasher cannot pump out the dirty water due to a plugged drain hose. Check the drain hose if it is clogged. Now remove the bottom drawer from the unit to inspect the flood switch. Remove the wire harness cover on the underside of the drawer. With the bottom cover off, unclip the wire harness, fill hose, and drain hose. Then unclip the linkage at the back of the drawer and lift the drawer off the slider arms. Now' you'll be able to look at the flood switch. Note the positions of the wires on the flood switch and remove them. Then un clip the switch housing from the base panel. The switch housing contains one switch for each drawer. The switches are wired normally closed (NC) and each switch has three spade connections, so it's important to note where the wires went. Now clean the contacts and let it dry. Hope this helps... Please post back if you need more information.

Customer:

ok

Michael :

I know it sounds like a lot of work but its not bad

Michael :

also If you rate my service as OK or better at this point I will set us up as Q & A it works better and you can reach me anytime if you get stuck ;-) No additional cost.

Michael :

are you still here?

Michael :

I havent seen a reply from you in a while so I will switch us to Q & A it works better that way.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi T,
I will be here for you if you need me.
Please rate kindly at this time.
Thanks and have a great weekend!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Micheal, turns out the drain pipe was blocked after all. It is a built in unit and only worked when I pulled out the dishwasher and tried to unblock the line again.