George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, I have a Zanussi ZCV563DX cooker where the main oven fan,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Zanussi ZCV563DX cooker where the main oven fan, element and light are not working. The top oven and hob are OK and the clock is set.
I have 240v at the fan, light and element and the two switches are closed and forming a circuit. The element has 26.5 ohm resistance and I've changed the element anyway. The oven regulator visually looks OK.
Is it a change of regulator or something else? Thank you in advance. Grant.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you provide the PNC for the appliance please.. it will be on the label by the oven or on the back of the appliance

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-tkmre9rd- :

type DE56C0801E43D0 Product ********* 03 Serial 33000034

George-Allsorts :

That product number is ***** visible to me... can you re-type it please grant, putting a # ***** before the number

George-Allsorts :

just the product code

JACUSTOMER-tkmre9rd- :

#948905423/03

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that... one moment please

George-Allsorts :

Just to confirm.. Yours is a 2012 Ceramic Hob with Double oven yes?

JACUSTOMER-tkmre9rd- :

Yes

George-Allsorts :

Ok One moment whilst I look at the wiring diagram please Grant

George-Allsorts :

Grant.. have you got your multimeter handy?

George-Allsorts :

And has the timer been switched to manual?

JACUSTOMER-tkmre9rd- :

Sorry George I'm not with the cooker - can I make contact on Monday or can you advise which component is most likely at fault ?

JACUSTOMER-tkmre9rd- :

I've played with the timer as it was my first thought. It is set to the same as other cookers I have of the same model - also the top oven is working ?

George-Allsorts :

I need you to firstly check that the timer has been placed into Manual mode...

Secondly, I need you to test to see if you have neutral at the element & fan

George-Allsorts :

One moment again please

JACUSTOMER-tkmre9rd- :

From memory I have 240v on the line and neutral side of the element and fan. I was initially confused as it would seem the blue is line and the brown is neutral with some wires inside the device.

George-Allsorts :

Can you also check that when in Manual mode.. that you have a Live feed at (1a) on the timer

JACUSTOMER-tkmre9rd- :

Can I come back to you as I'm not with the cooker. Can I save and exit and re-join on Monday?

George-Allsorts :

I know you have already stated that you have a live feed, and therefore there should be a live at 1a on the timer which will mean that the relay on the timer is operating.. but, I'd just like you to confirm it.

If you have no neutral then you have no circuit... so check the neutral between the element and the terminal block and work your way inwards.

You can certainly return on monday... I'll await your results

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------
If you don't mind, please take a moment to rate my assistance thus far.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

George-Allsorts :

Any luck with tracing the o/c on this Grant?