Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

, Hotpoint Quadrio FF4DX UK. Vents totally blocked

Hotpoint Quadrio FF4DX UK. Vents totally blocked with ice - fridge warm.
I have removed first back panel in freezer compartment (4 Screws) . Second panel only has two screws which I have loosened but can`t get panel off. Looks like 2 plastic lugs at either side but these don`t appear to be for releasing panel.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Have you fully defrosted the back panels?

Customer:

Yes

Dales-Electronic :

How did you do it? It takes two days to defrost one of these or about an hour with a hot steam hose, if there is any ice at the back of the second panel it will cause you to pull off the evaporator from its mountings and if you are not careful fracture one of the pipes.

Customer:

Yes it took 48 hours last time. I have a fan heater going this time but it is possible that there is still ice build up behind panel. Would this prevent me removing panel?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes the ice collects around the finned evaporator and sticks to the evaporator cover, leave it a while and have another go, but be careful you don't split the plastic or get the fan heater too close and melt it. Im around when you get off the cover ~ Ian

Customer:

Many thanks Ian, first time on this so how do I get back to you?

Customer:

Many thanks Ian, first time on this so how do I get back to yiu

Dales-Electronic :

just log back in and it will come to me ~ Ian

Customer:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

completely defrosted, 2 screws removed from panel but panel is stuck solid. Should the panel just pull out. Allan

You should be able to flick the plastic retaining clips and it should come out, beware of the cables behind when you do this ~ Ian