Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Zanussi ZSF2450S Compact Would not stop draining. No lights

My Zanussi ZSF2450S Compact Would not stop draining. No lights on display.I removed plug. Independent engineer upended machine ,found water in the bottom and removed it.Display lights then on.As advised ,I set to hottest prog.and inserted bottle of internal cleaner, this after a few days to allow machine to dry out.Prog. worked except water remained cold. Machine only 4 yrs. old and used twice each week. You can imagine my dismay.
M
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi Im sorry to hear about that

Michael :

when you say no lights on display do you mean you have no display at all?

Michael :

are you there?

Customer:

Lights have been working on display since the engineer came. Programmes work but water cold

Michael :

Hi make sure the hot water line is turned on at the valve also that you are set to hot water on the user panel

Customer:

Lights ok on display since engineer came and programme works except water cold

Michael :

Im sorry you only have a cold supply on this one

Michael :

so its not heating, will it run a full cycle?

Michael :

the tech may have disconnected the heating coil and forget to re connect that

Customer:

Idont know where the valve is Machine built in. Yes it runs a full cycle

Michael :

Michael :

it sounds like that or he coil may have gone bad during the service as it is delicate and becomes brittel after a few years of use

Michael :

this method of communication isnt working well on my end today, i will switch us to Q & A, it works better;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi June, Im here when you need me
Te part is easy to replace with a few basic hand tools but I will need to know for sure, did the heating fail just after the service tech looked at it?