Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

, We have an LG washing machine Front Loader/F1443KD .It

We have an LG washing machine Front Loader/F1443KD .It is about 5 years old.
Continually stall on spin cycle with 5 or 9 mins remaining.
"Load out of balance"
Have checked that the machine is level and this did don't work.
Driving us mad !
thank you
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you run the appliance without anything in and tell me if you still get the out of balance message after it finishes ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

Hi Ian - it seems ok with nothing in it .

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

To be more specific : After trying a number of times to rebalance load we end up Taking clothes out wet . Once restarted the cycle continues to the end and it and there is no error message and the machine stops normally.

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me tell you how the system works and then perhaps you can understand what is happening here. This machine has a vibration sensor built into the main circuit board this is looking for a problem with the way that the appliance spins ~ this can be faulty drum bearings or an uneven load both of which would cause the appliance to shut down and not spin, another likely problem is that the drain pump filter is blocked and not letting all the water out in the time allocated and thereby causing vibration. Usually in this situation where the drum will spin OK with no clothes inside it is one of the three issues mentioned. So check that the drain pump is clearing the water, that the bearings are OK and if these are OK then its the load you are putting in, don't overload OR underload as small quantities of clothes also cause this problem ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

OK i will try that now.

Dales-Electronic :

OK Im around when you get these checked.

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

Drain outlet clear unless i am looking at the wrong thing.

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

Bearings -how do i check those ?

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

load - it has this problems on different size loads so don't think it is that issue which is why its annoying .I will report back- Thanks so far.Kim

Dales-Electronic :

Kim ~ regarding the bearings, you will know if you have bearing problems the noise when on spin will be horrendous ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

Thanks ian - spin noise no worries.i have it on a 30min cycle now.i see from web comments that others have had this problem with this modelCan you see their comments?

Dales-Electronic :

Totally agree with you that others have had the same problem but this doesn't mean that there is an inherent fault with the machine usually it is the way that the customer perceives it should work which with large capacity machines such as yours is not the same as how the machine is designed to work.

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

Ian - i think it may be a balance problem.Some Boso seems to have left a tightening nut off one of the legs…..Grrr

JACUSTOMER-bjelao22- :

thanks for your help kim

Dales-Electronic :

OK good news, if you need further help come back to me Kim ~ that would explain the vibration sensor kicking it out of spin. Thanks for the rating, ping me if you need more advice and have a good weekend ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No worries and thanks for your advice.And a Good weekend to you Ian.