Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Siemens American style fridge freezer model KA62DP92GB.

I have a Siemens American style fridge freezer model KA62DP92GB. I have a water leak in the lower part of the freezer and is causing ice to form under the lowest drawer. Can I fix this myself or do I need to call out an engineer.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Have you got a wallpaper stripper and a selection of screwdrivers including torx ?

Customer: I do not have a wallpaper stripper but have a good selection of screwdriver heads
Dales-Electronic :

OK the problem that you have got is that the drain hole in the freezer is blocked with ice. If you take off the wallplate at the end of the wallpaper stripper this then leaves you with just the boiler and hose assy. OK so far?

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry misread your comment, if you can either borrow or buy a wallpaper stripper and then come back to me ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Could you also give me the number after the / on the model number there are three versions of this model

Customer: /03
Dales-Electronic :

OK when you have got a wallpaper stripper come back to me and we will sort out the problem for you ~ Ian

Customer: I now have a wallpaper stripper.
Dales-Electronic :

OK switch off the appliance and unplug, remove the freezer baskets. Take off the wallplate of the stripper ie the bit that you place against the wallpaper. Plug it in and you will have steam coming out of its end when its hot enough. Now start to defrost the internal rear panel of the freezer compartment and once this is clear of ice take it off. This could easily take you at least 30 minutes as you don't want to crack the plastic ~ be careful as you remove the back there may still be cables frozen up ~ Ian

Customer:

Understood - what next?

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you managed to remove the back panel yet?

Customer:

No. I want to understand what further work is required before I remove the back panel.

Dales-Electronic :

OK once the back panel is removed you will see a drain hole in the centre back below the finned evaporator ~ you need to use you steam hose to defrost the evaporator and ensure that the drain hole is clear of ice build up by sticking the hose down it until you are happy that steam is getting thro. Once all this is done you can reassemble the appliance and it should work satisfactorily. If it doesn't come back to me and we can do some electrical tests if needed. If you can now kindly rate my service to you this will allow me to close down the job whilst allowing you access on a free of charge basis for all further calls ~ Ian