Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I hope you ca help me my hotpoint hv6f160 has froze, I put

Customer Question

Hi I hope you ca help me my hotpoint hv6f160 has froze, I put a load in and set it to the programme I wanted and it has locked the door but has not gone any further it has not started the programme and the timer for the programme has remained the same, I can't get the door open and I have tried switching it off at the mains but no joy
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.

Tech Michael

Michael :

how old is your washer

Michael :

I havent seen a reply from you so I will set us up on Q&A:-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
how old is your washer?
Tech Michael
how old is your washer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's only 2years old
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jamie,
is there any error message or symbol on the machines console?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah I have all the lights flashing now with f-05 on the display
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jamie,you have a jammed pressure switch on full it says so if removed the blockage have u tired replacing the pressure switch. You can sometimes test them by blowing into the part where the pressure tube goes, but only blow gently. You should hear it click when you blow into it.
Obviously the machine will need isolating first and the switch will need removing from the machine. it depends how handy you are if you can change brakes in a car this will be an easy task to replace hope this helps please remember to rank how this helps you and if i can help in any other way please write me back have a great day.I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Jamie.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I get to that at the front of the machine or will I need to get access to the back of it
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ before you go off and try to take the appliance apart, can you confirm that this is a Hoover appliance not a Hotpoint appliance and if it is a Hoover could you give us the product code which starts with 3.......... The fault codes for Hoover are different to those of a Hotpoint !!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it's a hotpoint
Thank you for the clarification there is a Hoover HV6 too ~ as you have already rated Michael I will leave him to finish off the question(s) that follow ~~
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you please reply to me when you need assistance further with your machine;-)
Tech Michael