George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My belling E665W cooker requires a new switch of the

My belling E665W cooker requires a new switch for one of the hotplates. How do I get into the rear of the control plate
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** can you let me know the model code from the label at the edge of the oven

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Its a Belling E665W freestanding cooker

George-Allsorts :

yes.. but I need the actual Model SKU from the label... Normally it will start 444

Customer:

Sorry, model no. ********* /p>

George-Allsorts :

I can't see that but can you confirm it is #444447145?

Customer:

No, last digit is a 6. Also the serial no is 61008866

George-Allsorts :

Ok thank you for that.. One moment pleae

George-Allsorts :

OK.. TI have checked the model information and cannot find #444447146 but the model #444447145 is known

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Is this your model

Customer:

I am 100% sure the model no is ********* /p>

Customer:

The image is like my cooker but white in colour

George-Allsorts :

There are several screws facing upwards under the fascia panel.. the ones at the edges screw into the side caps.. to start you'll need to undo the screws and remove the caps... The hob will also need to be removed and this can be done by removing the screws at the rear of the hob and then a couple underneath the facia panel... One the fascia panel is out the way there are screws in the front of the controls that need removing in order to remove them

Customer:

Sorry but there are no upwards facing screws under the facia panel to allow the end caps to be removed

George-Allsorts :

Then the caps will be the type that are just pushed on then

George-Allsorts :

Gently prize them off to the outer of the fascia panel

George-Allsorts :

I'm going to have to leave for a few minutes... I'll be not far away, so if you come across any problems, let me know..

Remember I'm working blind on this one, but will assist as best as I can

Customer:

the end caps will not prize off the panel. If more force is used I am likely to damage the panel or break the glass front of the panel

George-Allsorts :

Hi, sorry, in this case I will need to opt out and let someone else try assist, unless you can wait until tomorrow when I can access better documentation on your appliance..

Can you let me know what you wish me to do...

Customer:

Get back to me tomorrow please

George-Allsorts :

Ok, I will do... Have an enjoyable Sunday... Chat tomorrow.

regards
George

George-Allsorts :

Why have you left a rating... you asked me to get back to you tomorrow?

George-Allsorts :

Please let me know when you have returned - I have your answer ready for you

Customer:

I am available to receive your answer

Customer:

I have not used this web site before and assumed I had to rate your answers when we finished talking yesterday

George-Allsorts :

Ok, I understand..

I'm going to post you a link to the file that I could not access from our Knowledge-base server yesterday.. The file will be available for 10 minutes only and then the server will delete the file access.. Follow the instructions in the document; it looks complicated but total time start to finish it takes me about 40mins including reassembly

Let me know when you are ready and waiting

Customer:

I am ready for the file

Customer:

Thanks for info. Will try this solution

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome... Please ensure that you turn off the power to the appliance first

Please remember to return and correct the rating for me

Customer:

Will do