George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a ZOD35511W zanussi double oven - it was installed by

I have a ZOD35511W zanussi double oven - it was installed by JL who set the clock.
Apparently the clock needs to be set before you can use the double oven. however when I was away I always switch off the electrics to the oven.
I cannot work out how to set the clock, the bell shows, and if you press the "clock" icon and then set the time, what do I do next. My oven then reverts back to a previous time of 1.30pm. There is an arrow with a vertical line with it, and I can't remove this?
thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you let me know the PNC of the appliance; you will find it on a label close to the oven opening

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

what do you mean the PNC - the top oven is working it's the lower main oven that won't work. Do you mean the product code?

Customer:

the product code is *********** thanks

George-Allsorts :

Yes.. the product code

George-Allsorts :

The link above will allow you to download the clock setting information from my Dropbox server

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Customer:

hi, I understand that but at all times the arrow with the vertical line is apparent and I don't think that is right, should it disappear?

George-Allsorts :

That is the indicator for setting the Program End... You need to press the clock and then press it again until you get the right setting for adjusting the time (see Cancelling the Clock Functions on the second page)

Customer:

Hi I've tried everything! It's just not working, so I will try and get someone here to do this, There are only a choice of about 4 settings, the bell, the two different arrows going forward with lines, and the clock, however, all it does it to go round and round, thanks anyway....

George-Allsorts :

One moment

George-Allsorts :

Setting the time

You must set the time before you operate the oven.
Only the top oven works without the set time.
The indicator for the Time of day function flashes when you connect the appliance to the electrical supply, when there was a power cut or when the timer is not set.
Press the + or - button to set the correct time.
After approximately five seconds, the flashing stops and the display shows the time of day you set.

Changing the time

You cannot change the time of day if the Duration or End function operates.
Press (Clock symbol) again and again until the indicator for the Time of Day function flashes.
To set a new time, refer to "Setting the time" above.

George-Allsorts :

If you can still not set the time, turn off the oven at the wall for 10 mins and then turn it on again, starting the procedure again as above

Customer:

Hi I will switch the oven off for 10 mins and retry. I seems to have held some presettings.

Customer:

If it doesn't work then I will wait until tomorrow and start again as it bounces back to a pre-set time and doesn't hold the time that I put in.

Customer:

Don't worry, I will try again tomorrow, I wasn't aware that you had to set the clock for the oven, otherwise I would have asked them to show me when they installed it.

George-Allsorts :

Maybe that is a good idea. Possibly you have started to program it and this is why you cannot set the time

Customer:

thanks again, I'm going to log out now!