George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch upright freezer GSU23423GB/01 FD NUMBER 8306 There

I have a Bosch upright freezer GSU23423GB/01 FD NUMBER 8306
There is water on the floor immediately below it.
What do I do?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George.. Can you tell me if the water is at the front or the rear of the appliance please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

At the front. Can't see the back.

George-Allsorts :

Ok... Can you tell me if there is ice underneath the bottom drawer please

Customer:

No ice and dry

George-Allsorts :

Please wait a few moments whilst I look at your appliance structure

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for waiting.. Can you also remove the drawer second from bottom and check behind the drawer for Ice on the level part

Customer:

Again no ice and dry

George-Allsorts :

Can you therefore run your hand under the bottom of the door seal and tell me if your hand becomes wet in any way

Customer:

totally dry

George-Allsorts :

Can you therefore check the first six inches underneath the appliance for wetness.. You may need to tilt the appliance slightly to be able to do this, or get someone to assist you

Customer:

Bottom right hand corner facing only. Does not appear to go back more than 6 inches.

George-Allsorts :

Anywhere on the underside of the appliance?

Customer:

As the freezer is built in could only lift it slightly. But wiped under surface with paper towel and dry.

George-Allsorts :

And also on the base that the appliance is stood on?

Customer:

There is no base

Customer:

It stands on the floor

George-Allsorts :

Floor

George-Allsorts :

Is the floor damp, dor does it have dust if you wipe it?

Customer:

It is damp only where I have described

Customer:

No dust on the paper towel

George-Allsorts :

How wet was the floor?

Customer:

Paper towel left in bottom right hand corner became quite wet

Customer:

Over the last few days

George-Allsorts :

And can you describe the surrounding area of the appliance

Customer:

I must go out for an appointment

Customer:

Dry

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. Have you any pets?

Customer:

N0

Customer:

CAN YOU SOLVE THIS NOW?

George-Allsorts :

Then I can only assume that there is a breakdown in the insulation or... What is most likely is that you have either left the door open lightly, or the bottom of the door seal has not fully closed against ythe body of the appliance...

Suggestion: Put some paper there for 24hrs and monitor the paper's dampness

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair