KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Zanussi washing machine no lights or fault code numbers only

Zanussi washing machine no lights or fault code numbers only the on light switch lights up any suggestions.
Zanussi ********* Progress 120 Ray Hardie thanks
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number and age of this unit

Customer:

Zanussi ********* Progress 120 Hydrosystem 5.5 kg I don't know age

KevinWhiteJA :

can you please prefix a # ***** 0 ... it appears as *********

Customer:

0

KevinWhiteJA :

# ***** 0 in front of the model number

Customer: (###) ###-####/p>
KevinWhiteJA :

thanks for that...thats the PNC number...model number starts with E nr and is located on or inside the door

KevinWhiteJA :

should be ZWF1230W ... is that right ?

Customer:

MOD ZWF 1230W Type P6847694

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.

Customer:

It does not have a diak knob

Customer:

It does not have a dial knob only buttons

KevinWhiteJA :

ok unplug the washer for few minutes...then plug it back...after you have plugged it back try switching it off , then close the door. Now press and hold the start/pause and skip/reset buttons together. While holding them, switch it back on. If the Leds start to flash then release the buttons. If they dont flash it is time to replace the control board

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer:

I have unplugged it, pressed

Customer:

I have unplugged it, and held down the reset and start button and plugged back in and switched on, nothing happens.

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, it is the control board that will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

with the washer unplugged...first check if any of the buttons are stuck..you can remove the top off then remove the connectors ... then connect them back, if still it wont work then you will have to replace the control

Customer:

how much will a control board cost and what part number

Customer:

Where is it situated

KevinWhiteJA :

Control board is located towards the right... a new one will cost around £200

Customer:

ok thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance