George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Neff s555x0gb/70 builtin dishwasher has gone dead - no lights.

My Neff s555x0gb/70 builtin dishwasher has gone dead - no lights. I've checked the plug fuse and power socket, both OK. Anything else simple to check??
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you check the Enr again as there seems to be a discrepency .. The Enr and FD can be found on the top metal part of the door usually.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Hi George,

Customer:

The ENR is S5555X0GB/70 and the FD is 8606 000310

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that.. The original Enr you gave had a 5 missing so the system was not recognising it..

Customer:

Sorry - I was in a rush as we were due a power cut! All OK now, so I can stay online.

George-Allsorts :

Without removing the appliance from its cavity there is not much that you can check..., however, if you are able to remove the fascia panel then you can test the power switchfor supply

George-Allsorts :

If the power switch has supply and neutral, is it switching

George-Allsorts :

If it is switching then I;m afraid the symptoms are pointing to a defective PCB

Customer:

Yes, I have pulled the unit out, and checked that the power supply was working, and changed the 13 amp fuse in the plug.

Customer:

Is a PCB repair likely to be costly?

George-Allsorts :

Have you managed to test the on/off switch in the dishwasher?

Customer:

I have pressed this as normal, but no indicator lights show

George-Allsorts :

Have you tested it for power?

Customer:

Other than checking power is available to the appliance supply cable, I'm not sure how else to check this

George-Allsorts :

I would suggest an appliance engineer call to the appliance... I can find one for you if you let me know your postcode

George-Allsorts :

You asked how much the PCB would cost if it were that causing the problem... The replacment cost is £115

George-Allsorts :

Would you like the part number for future reference?

Customer:

It's EX36 4JE. However, the appliance is around 8 years old, so if a repair cost is significant, it might be better to replace the whole thing.

Customer:

Yes please to part no. Is it possible to get a manual??

George-Allsorts :

You asked how much the PCB would cost if it were that causing the problem... The replacment cost is £115 ... The cost of a replacement appliance is around £400

George-Allsorts :

User manual?

Customer:

Service manual!

George-Allsorts :

There are no service manuals available, sorry

Customer:

OK, I've already looked online.

George-Allsorts :

The part number of the PCB module is #00497438

Customer:

OK, thanks

George-Allsorts :

One moment whilst I get you our list of engineers that can work on your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Integral Appliance Solutions Ltd
Exeter
Phone: 01392 879832
Mobile: 07815 085034
___________________________________

A Rickard
Bideford
Phone: 01271 858780
___________________________________

BSC Electrical
Bristol
Phone: 0117 951 835
Mobile: 07779 933829

George-Allsorts :

I have placed them in our order of preference

Customer:

Thanks for that ,George

George-Allsorts :

You're welcome
-----------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Customer:

Many thanks, ***** ***** not solved my problem, but I'm happy with the time you have spent

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair