George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

candy washing machine "Holiday 603". The door does not open

candy washing machine "Holiday 603". The door does not open after finishing the program. Switching to "off" did not help. After 3 weeks the door opened and I washed the (stinking) load again and again. Then again the door did not open. Please what can I do?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George.. Can you tell me the product code that is on the label on the back of the machine please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: (###) ###-####427 6635 = No Serie
Customer:

I am in England and as it is nearly midnight I am going to sleep. The machine is in France, to make things even more complicated.

Customer:

Hope to find your reaction in the morning

Customer:

I saw a picture of another "depth-cut-in-half" machine that looked exactly the same as my machine and was called Spaziozero 33 Zerowatt and was apparently from Italy

George-Allsorts :

This is a very old appliance, made between Nov 1993 and Jan 1997.

It is likely that you have one of three things going on... Either you have a blockage in the pressure chamber, a faulty pressure switch, or a faulty door interlock.

If you take off the lid of the appliance you can access the pressure switch and the tube to its chamber. Take the tube off the pressure switch and blow down it to free any blockage.. If there is no blockage, it is likely that you have either a faulty pressure switch or a faulty door interlock.

It is more likely that the door interlock is faulty than the pressure switch and therefore due to the age of the appliance it is advisable to change the door interlock as a matter of service. The door interlock is part number 90452814

Customer:

Thanks very much for this. As you know, I am not actually where the machine is so I need to wait till I get back there and I will have a look at the parts that you said.

Customer:

I hope that I can locate the pressure switch, the top is already off the machine and I guess I have to look for a part with a tube running to it. I think I will see that but if you can give me any further guidance on which area in the top of the machine I should look or another obvious part that the pressure switch is next to, that would be helpful.

George-Allsorts :

Ok, I can assist with that but first would ask you to rate the assistance given to you so far... I will then be available to assist you further with queries regarding the problem you have with this appliance.