Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I had a gas fire and back boiler removed from our lounge last

I had a gas fire and back boiler removed from our lounge last year and the hole filled in by the local builder. I have recently purchased the Dimplex SP16 which weighs 40kg and was wondering with such a heavy weight will it hold to the wall that is basically a hole filled in. I don't want to fit it just to find the weight of the fire is going to rip out whatever the builder put in behind it and make a big hole in the wall again. Are there any extra things I should do to support it or will it just be fine as it is?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : If it was bricked up and plastered then it will hold the weight
***** ***** : If it was only a wooden frame with plasterboard then no, it will need reinforcing