George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

AWM 5104 The container in which I put fabric softener does

AWM 5104 The container in which I put fabric softener does not flush/rinse properly
The pre-wash and wash compartments work perfectly. Can you please help me?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you tell me the type of fabric conditioner you are using and possibly let me know the bar code from the package

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Comfort - it comes out of a bottle not a package

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for letting me know... The phrase package refers to all boxes, bags, and plastic bottles.

Is your conditioner the concentrated version of the liquid?..

Also, have you removed the blue part from the conditioner compartment for cleaning of that part and of the tube that resides underneath it?

Customer:

Sorry I left in a hurry - my husband wanted his supper. The conditioner is concentrated I have followed your instructions and think that the problem may have been that the white flaps that regulate the incoming wanter were incorrectly positioned. I shall try it out again tomorrow. Apologies for using the wrong technical terms but hope you have understood.

Customer:

On what position should I set the blue calibrator - pushed right in or left right out?

Customer:

Many thanks for your help

Customer:

Rosamund

George-Allsorts :

Normally in.. but you need to find what suits you best with what conditioner thickness you are using.. Also, think about watering down the conditioner to thin it out..

-----------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

George-Allsorts :

To assist you I have placed you a diagram below.. Have a look and you'll see what I mean

Full Size Image

Customer:

George,, You have hit the nail on the head. I did not even know that you could remove the detergent dispenser. I have found the blockage and washed everything thoroughly and put it back in position. Thank you so much and sleep well!