Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916
Appliance

Need to take top off my Bosch dishwasher I order to fit under

counter
replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Usually two clips at the back, one on left side one on right, bit of a fiddle put press them both up together and then have a friend tap the front edge and the top should slide backwards.

Dales-Electronic :

If it is not this type come back to me and I will tell you how to do the less common other type. Once you have the top off would you kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below ~ thanks - Ian

JACUSTOMER-dsa3do5m- : Not this type is sms50t06gb
Dales-Electronic :

Hang on let me check the parts listing then

Dales-Electronic :

what comes after the gb/ should be two number?

JACUSTOMER-dsa3do5m- : No sorry that's all on sheet ends 6gb
Dales-Electronic :

Well the Bosch technical website says there are two versions, both of which have knock off tops, are you sure you understood how I was explaining its removal, there are two clips that form part of the top at the rear of the appliance can you see those?

JACUSTOMER-dsa3do5m- : No just what looks like two grey plastic hinges
Dales-Electronic :

Can you press them in upwards direction and this should then unclip them from the back panel.

JACUSTOMER-dsa3do5m- : Definitely not clips
Dales-Electronic :

Are you at the appliance now?

JACUSTOMER-dsa3do5m- : Yes seems to suggest in instructions going in through front at top of dishwasher
Dales-Electronic :

OK other type has screws under lid at front undo those and then lift lid off ~ if you have a look across top of door stainless steel panel it has laser printed in the stainless the full model number

JACUSTOMER-dsa3do5m- : Too challenging I'm afraid. Worried I'm going to break appliance. Thanks for help. Bye
Dales-Electronic :

How can it be poor service when by your own admission the task was 'too challenging' for you. The information supplied was correct, your ability to carry out the removal beyond your capacity not mine.