Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Samsung BF641FB oven with the display not working

I have a Samsung BF641FB oven with the display not working and the oven does not heat up, what could be the problem
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Hi Kevin

KevinWhiteJA :

If the oven turns on and there is power to the circuit board and is not heating the most common cause is the thermostat going bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

how old is it ?

Customer:

Hi Kevin, I don't think the oven is even turning on as the display is blank.

Customer:

Three years old

KevinWhiteJA :

still I would check the thermostat first, a new one is just £4 and if that is fine then check the circuit board

KevinWhiteJA :

usually the PCB wont go bad in just a three year old oven

Customer:

Is the thermostat positioned on the top left of the oven when looking from the front, if it is then there is continuity through it.

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes its under the top cover with 2 screws and has two wires going into it ... have you checked continuity after removing those wires

Customer:

Yes I removed both wires and there was zero resistance through it.

KevinWhiteJA :

as it is not open so seems to be fine

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry about the bad news... I think it is the control board

KevinWhiteJA :

Poor Service ? a new one is around £50

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ before you go to the trouble of getting a new circuit board check out the button cut-outs (not the thermostat) that are fitted to this unit, they will cause the oven to shut down including the display if the temperature goes too high, one of these is a manual reset version which means you have to take off the top cover to reset it.

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.