George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

i have a homeking electric cooker hof605ss when i tried

Hi i have a homeking electric cooker hof605ss when i tried to turn it on tonight it wouldnt work it is on manual operation setting and the clock/timer is working ok but no grill,light or oven function ,i have turning mains power off and then on again but made no difference ,any advice you might have would be gratefully accepted,thanks, mark
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you confirm that when you turn the selector to the light setting, there is no light... Also, that there is no operation on any of the other settings

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

yes i can confirm that the only working part on cooker is clock/ timer and no other indicator lights.

George-Allsorts :

Ok, thank you for that..I will need a little time to look at the schematics and wiring diagramsof the appliance.. I will be back shortly

Customer:

ok thanks

George-Allsorts :

Having looked at the wiring scheme, I have found that there is a fuse in the live feed to the cooker that is prior to the cooking features of the oven, however, the fuse is not in the timer line and therefore the time would therefore work when the other features are cut.

There could be several causes for the fuses demise if this is the cause... I have included a link to a wiring diagram for your perusal

Wiring diagram

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance so far.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

George-Allsorts :

Looking at the diagram.. there is also a thermal cut-out in the live line into the appliance.. this could also cause the same effect

Customer:

just looked at diagram george what do you suggest as a possible solution to the problem,replace fuse?

George-Allsorts :

What the wiring diagram does not tell us is what type of fuse this is, and the fuse is going in the direction of the clock that works.... However, when looking at the wiring diagram.. it looks like every feature is also reliant on the relay on the timer.. therefore, if the relay has gone then nothing but the clock will work....

Going from this theory, I would say to take the two wires at the relay on the back of the clock and join them to bypass the relay

George-Allsorts :

Are you proficiant to enable you to do any work on the oven

Customer:

been a builder for 33 years so very practical but no i dont think id be confident enough to tackle the sort of wiring alterations you suggest but now ihave some idea of the problem i can get in touch with a local engineer and pass on the information and possible causes you suggested,thanks for your help with this George,take care.

George-Allsorts :

I can suggest an appliance engineer for you if you give me your postcode

-----------------------------------

Customer:

sure,my postcode is S431BA ,thanks

George-Allsorts :

Here are three that we have listed:

Masterfix DAR LTD
Corbridge
Phone: 0845(###) ###-####br/>___________________________________

Safeway Electrical

Phone: 01773 540070
Mobile: 07970 074501
___________________________________

Woodseats Domestic Appliance Repairs
Sheffield
Phone: 0114(###) ###-####/p>

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair