George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Good afternoon, I have a Zanussi washer dryer ZWD 1262 W and

Good afternoon, I have a Zanussi washer dryer ZWD 1262 W and the drum will not turn during a wash or spin. I have taken the top off and can see the drive belt which is in place and is tight. The machine will perform all the water filling functions on a 30 min wash until it gets to 18 min then it switches back to 30 mins on the clock. There are no error code messages. There had been ticking / slapping noises prior to it stopping.
Thanks Carlo
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Carlo, my name is***** you tell me if you can get the appliance to spin if it has nothing in it... ie. spin only?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Hi George,

Customer:

Hi George, the machine won't spin when empty.

George-Allsorts :

Ok, you'll need to remove the back off the appliance remove the motor to check the brushes on the motor...

George-Allsorts :

It is likely that the brushes have worn so low that they can not make a connection with the motor's commutator

George-Allsorts :

Are you able to do this or would you like me to give you details of an appliance engineer?

Customer:

Thanks George, Does not look like there is a back panel that comes off. Only way to the motor seems to be from the underside? Will this be an easy task to remove the motor. Replacing the brushes is pretty straight forward.

Customer:

Have removed the brushes and there is 3 mm of carbon stick on each. Does that sound like the problem? Can send you a photo if needed. Thanks

George-Allsorts :

Hi Carlo, The back does come off but if you have accessed them from underneath that is fine as long as you didn't spill any water on the board

George-Allsorts :

3mm is way too short and that will be your problem.. The new length of the brushes are about 25mm - 30mm.. They will need replacing..

I can get you a part number if you wish?

Customer:

Yes please George that would be great.

George-Allsorts :

There are 5 different types of brushes... can you post me a picture of the old ones

Customer:

The Nos on the machine are: ********* and ********* and ********* I have also included some phots.

Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Full Size Image

Customer:

I spotted this for sale on a Zanussi website. Look pretty close to me?

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Hi Carlo, the part number for those brushes is #50216397005

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this..

George-Allsorts :

Here they are

If you are using the link I have posted then discount is available...
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------

Customer:

George thank you for your help. Just tried to order but they are out of stock. Left my details for when they get more in. Hopefully the brushes will resolve the problem.