Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a American samsung fridge freezer model No RSH1BBP got

I have a American samsung fridge freezer model No RSH1BBP got up this morning to find no power to the fridge freezer, checked the plug Ect but i did notice it had tripped out my sockets on the main house fuse board. Can you help have got a freezer full of food.
Mark Hazell.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK almost sure to be a defrost heater in either the fridge or the freezer compartment. Are you able to reset the trip and have you got any display in the display area?

Customer:

Hi Ian i have have reset trip on my main fuse board but the fridge freezer has no power going to it the plug sockets are fine

Dales-Electronic :

OK is there a pcb on top of the unit (there are a number of versions of this model) under a metal cover ?

Customer:

What is a pcb

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you got a metal cover on the top of the fridge covering a printed circuit board (pcb)

Customer:

I have taken cover off there is a circuit board what is next

Dales-Electronic :

power off ~ can you see a fuse on this board?

Customer:

Power off i can see three white fuses 1 clear and 1 black

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you anyway of checking them out ie a multimeter? Or have you replacement fuses that will fit?

Customer:

No all the white fuses on the pcb are smaller than normal plug size

Dales-Electronic :

OK well you need to check these fuses for continuity likely one or more of them have blown when the heater went pop,