Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

,How can I remove the inner oven casing?I took off top

Hi, I have a BEKO DVC 6631S - Double Oven. How can I remove the lower front/ inner main oven casing? I took off top hinge of lower oven door to get door off and replaced screw that had come out. I need to get to the hinge fixing sheet, which has dropped down behind the casing so I can fix hinge back on. How can I remove the casing so that I can refix the hinge onto the hinge fixing sheet? Thanks

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer:

Hi Ian, I am online now.

Dales-Electronic :

OK you couldn't have picked a worse job to do, and having experienced it I know what follows, firstly you will have to undo the hotplate assembly (power off please) so that it is loose and can be lifted out of the way, then take off the side panel (hinge side). Once this is done find the hinge retaining plate and refit this together with the door and reassemble in the reverse order, its a real pain but if you stake it steady you can do it, allow a good 30 mins to an hour to do it ~ Ian

Customer:

Would the hot plate assembly be on the top oven?

Dales-Electronic :

That is the top with the four hotplates on it, once you have it off it gives you better access to the side panels

Customer:

I can't get the front of the hotplate assembly off

Customer:

Just got it off

Customer:

Can't get the side panels off because of rivets

Dales-Electronic :

You should be able to get the rear of the sidepanel off enough to push it slightly out far enough to get the retainer plate in place as someone else loosely fits the hinge screws

Customer:

Super - Thank you - have just got hinge on. Just need to put it all back together again. Many Thanks

Dales-Electronic :

OK would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below ~ thanks for you question and have a Happy Easter Sunday lunch ~ Ian

Customer:

Hi Ian, Yes - happy to rate your service. Thank you for your patience. Happy Easter to you too. Many Thanks