George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

! I am so glad you are here! My Zanussi washing machine

Customer Question

Hello! I am so glad you are here! My Zanussi washing machine 'jetsytem 1200' has other identification on front FJS 1225 It. It has worked perfectly for years, until today when I noticed that the wash cycle was taking longer than it should. The timer said 20 minutes remainng. And a little while later while churning away, going and around at a steady pace, it was still 20 mins... and so too a little later. I paused the cycle, and shifted to the next step (using the 'skip' function'. The timer now said 9 mins. And now, some half hour later, it still says 9 mins. Now watching it, I see that it begins to go to spinning faster, then the light goes off in the clock and the spin slows down. I see nothing like this in he handbook or on the zanussi web page re washing machines.
Over to you
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you tell me how long you have had the appliance without it being serviced?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-djry6hqw- :

it has not been serviced at all, ever. Purchased in December 2001.

George-Allsorts :

Can you give me the PNC / Prod code from the label inside the door please

JACUSTOMER-djry6hqw- :

Here are all the numbers

JACUSTOMER-djry6hqw- :

P6347639 serial 14800164 prod. *********** /p>

JACUSTOMER-djry6hqw- :

it has served well in long life. it may simply be time to replace it.

JACUSTOMER-djry6hqw- :

I need to make a decision fairly quickly. If you are available now, please reply. Otherwise I must sign off and make my way to town to buy a new machine. thank you.

JACUSTOMER-djry6hqw- :

I realise that you said you are not available each instant, but I had hoped that you would be on line for a little bit since you asked me and I had answered two Q's within such a short time. Obviously, something else has summoned you. Never mind. Must sign off now as my journey will be more than an hour to town, the same back and who knows how long trying to sort a new machine.

George-Allsorts :

My appologies, as I stated I am not always here. I was called away on an emergency call-out and therefore could not respond immediately ...

George-Allsorts :

The defect with your appliance is likely to be the brushes in the motor, which are easily changable and cost under £10 for the pair.. The reason the appliance is doing what it is doing is because the appliance is sensing an out of ballance due to the worn brushes as the motor can not ajitate smoothly.

If you wish I can give you the part number for the brushes.

I hope this response will encourage you to remove the poor rating that you left...