Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

A NUO Stand food mixer. The switch to release the mixing head

Customer Question

A NUO Stand food mixer. The switch to release the mixing head to lift it up will not operate. When turned to the right in order to do this it just makes a clicking sound. Can you please help my daughter?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that. How old is your stand mixer?
Also when you try to activate the switch, to lift it does it feel stuck or move freely(the switch itself)?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, it's about two years old and the switch does not turn easily and when it does there is a loud click every time it's turned.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael, This unfortunately is a broken lock inside as I imagine you already figured.You can get that part and I will help you replace it if you would like, its pretty easy and requires only a few basic hand tools. The best place to get that lock is: ereplacement parts. Phone:(###) ###-#### ***** best to call them for this. If you need me further for any help with this repair simply reply to this letter anytime;-) Happy Easter! I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly. But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page. It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost;-) Thank you Michael. Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I have made contact with the company from whom I bought the mixer and they can't help at all. I am now about to call the number you gave me and they are in Salt Lake City, Utah. Problem is they are seven hours behind us and as I have been busy of late I have not had the chance. I will keep you up tp date with my progress.

Mike

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I called ereplacement parts but they were unable to help. However I now suspect the Kitchen Aid may be able to help and I have emailed them in the hope that they can. I will keep you informed.

Kind Regards

Mike