Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The control panel on the washing machine does not light. It

The control panel on the washing machine does not light. It is a french plug so there is no fuse in the plug. Is there another fuse
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer: Are you able to help. Instruction manual says likely to be fuse but no obvious fuse as french plug
Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the full ENr of the product please ~ Ian

Customer: WFO2062FF/01
Dales-Electronic :

OK there is no fuse in the appliance, if it is a French plug how are you getting electric to it, are you putting it through an Euro/UK adapter and secondly are you sure you are getting power to the wall socket?

Customer: I am at my french house, have tried it in a different socket which I know is live with exactly the same result, no obvious power to the machine
Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get hold of a multimeter?

Dales-Electronic :

and if so do you know how to use one?

Customer: Control panel does not light at all
Customer: yes
Dales-Electronic :

I understand that the control panel does not light up what we have to establish is if you have any power getting into the appliance or if the fault is between the power outlet and the mains filter firstly.

Customer: Understood looks as if I only have an electrical screwdriver here with a neon light
Customer: There is power in machine
Customer: Immediately internally the mitral wire lights up the neo but not the live ?
Dales-Electronic :

Are you sure you have got that the correct way around, the electrical screwdriver should only light up if you have a live supply ~ what you need to be able to check is if you have a live & neutral supply to the appliance. You will not be able to do that with a neon.

Customer: I was surprised but it lights when I touch the blue wire
Customer: But not the brown
Dales-Electronic :

Not familiar with French plugs, are they able to be turned through 180 degrees like the German ones?

Customer: Guess that is right
Customer: Same as german
Customer: But for large appliances such as washing machines that would not work as the plugs require the earth connection and that works I'm a similar manner to the uk
Dales-Electronic :

OK well you have to establish if you have 220v at the mains filter and once this is done follow it through to the switching at the electronic board ~ you will need a multimeter or continuity tester to do this ~ Ian