George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a GR-L207TQ fridge freezer, there was a power cut and

I have a GR-L207TQ fridge freezer, there was a power cut and it refuses to switch back on
The freezer light works but the fridge light doesnt. This happened before but it just came back on. It has been like this for a week now. I have tried switching it off over night and allowing it to defrost. none of the lights are on on the from panel either
David
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Hi George

George-Allsorts :

David, I am not at work today so don't have the documents in-front of me, but, there is a fuse on the pcb boards under the cover on most of the LG range, can you check this... Also, can you take off the cap covering the left hinge and check that there is no problem with any bare wires there

George-Allsorts :

The cover is on the top of the appliance by the way

Customer:

George I have checked the fuse and there is power on both sides of the fuse, I have also checked the wiring where possible including the top of the left hand door under the cap. This happened before and it just started up again after being left over night. I have tried leaving it powered up over night. I have tried leaving it powered down over night then powering it up.

George-Allsorts :

Ok, it is possible a failure of a relay on the board... Is everything else working ok?... Have you checked the plug connections on the board?

Customer:

I gave them a wiggle and checked a few for power, there is power at some but now at others

Customer:

The water dispenser doesnt work. the only thing that seems to be working is the freezer compartment light

George-Allsorts :

What about the freezer itself?

Customer:

Nothing at all the compressor is silent and the ice maker defrosted

Customer:

There is a wiring diagram inside the top cover where the PCB is

George-Allsorts :

Is there an occasional clicking at the compressor area?

Have you checked the resistance at the compressor?

Have you check to see if there is power at the compressor relay?

Customer:

I will check these out but the compressor is silent, I suspect there is no power to it.

Customer:

Ill got and try this out thanks

George-Allsorts :

Ok, let me know what you find

George-Allsorts :

Hi David, how did you get on when testing the compressor area as requested?