Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a new Bosch 34-13 lawnmower and I can't seem to switch

Customer Question

I have a new Bosch 34-13 lawnmower and I can't seem to switch it on. What am I missing?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
Has the mower run yet at all?
Is the battery fully charged and connected?
Make sure you press the safety switch as well when operating the mower.
Please let me know how it goes also how old is the mower?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a brand new mower, no it has never been run.

Where is the battery and how do I go about charging this? I can't see anything about a battery in the manual.

By safety switch do you mean the big red button next to the handle or is there something else?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brigid,
I'm sorry yours is the one that runs from a cord correct?
Make sure you have power at the plug end of the cord by plugging something into the end that the mower plugs into.
If you have power there the mower should run. These are very good mowers with excellent ratings;-)
If for some reason you do have power there at the end of the cord, then you may simply have a defective mower, which is ok as its still fully covered under the warranty. You should be able to exchange it if you need to from the store of purchase.
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Brigid and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brigid, also you must press the button first before operating the handle.
But please check to be sure the cord is actually providing power, you can plug a lamp into it to check this;-)
I'm here when you need me.
Tech Michael