Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

We have a DANFOSS room thermostat which has suddenly stopped

working although only installed in... Show More
working although only installed in July 2014 when we got new combi boiler. We have hot water but no CH. I have no instruction manual for the thermostat but from looking on line it could be an RET. I have searched for a switch to reactivate it but without success. Is there a simple solution? A hidden switch?? If it is battery operated I was not told about that! We have a Homecare contract with Scottish Gas but I am quite sure this is an electrical problem. Any advice to offer, please?
Margaret R.
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
May I have the full model # ***** your thermostat?
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

As I said I did not get an instruction leaflet but I did not realise this at the time because of the sheaf of installation paperwork. The only thing I can see on the display panel is RXI . There is nothing on the room thermostat itself other than the name Danfoss.

Michael, Customer Service replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks Margaret,
you really need the user manual because it explains many of the features and also how to set it. Your Error on screen simply is saying the thermostat is set to off.
You can try one thing, if you remove the batteries and replace them in the reverse direction for 1 full minute then remove them and replace them with NEW known good fully charged batteries you should be able to set it and it should work. Almost nothing goes wrong with these thermostats.
Also if you can see the model # ***** you remove the thermostat from the wall, please send that to me as they should have given you the user guide for this;-)
Also you might try contacting the installer for that manual.
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Margaret and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** your help so far. I shall go and see how to detach the thermostat and get the info for you...........Later! Success! I found the screws and discovered it is battery operated. So, problem solved!

Inside I found the following letters and nos.

RET B - RF 087N 727 000

I should have been told about the batteries at the time of installation. So annoying not to have the manual but if I use the above code, will it be easy to get a copy of the manual? Is it ok to put in ordinary AA batteries until I can get the Extra Heavy Duty kind? I don't want to do anything to make matters worse.

Thanks, Michael.

Your very welcome Margaret!
I will check to see if there is a manual you can download.
Here is a site where you should be able to locate that information;)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please visit: http://www.danfoss.com/North_America/Products/Categories/Literature/HE-FHE/LX-Floor-Heating-System/LX-Floor-Heating-Thermostats/4e0c9c75-c9c8-415a-a636-71ba2c774084.html
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help, Michael.

I am most impressed with the service.

Best wishes,

Margaret R.

You are very welcome!!!
If I were you I would use ONLY ALKALINE BATTERIES for the replacement;-)