George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Trying to fit new door hinges to a de dietrich KG 6316 E fridge

Trying to fit new door hinges to a de dietrich KG 6316 E fridge freezer.
Do they actually screw to the door of the fridgefreezer itself
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** is the normal way to change the hinges... If you can wait a while I shal attempt to get the documentation to assist you with the process.

Meanwhile, can you get me the full model code from the label inside the fridge.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

The only information I have to hand is that its a KG 6316 E Refrigerator De Dietrich

George-Allsorts :

There is a KG6316E5 and a KG6316E7... I don't know if they are differently handle with respect to the hinges, but I'll try get the information for both

Customer:

As far as I know they are the same. I have the manual in front of me for both

George-Allsorts :

Ok, let me try get the service manual

Customer:

thanks

Customer:

I should say that the unit is an integrated unit

Customer:

Basically I have taken the wooden front off the fridge and unscrewed all the pieces. Thought i was home and dry until I tried to remove the hinges at the side of the fridge of the fridge. This is inside the built in and I can;t tell if the end of the hinge is screwed into the fridge itself if you get me

George-Allsorts :

Can you possibly photo what you are seeing.. as I have just conferred with a collegue and he is of the same opinion as I, that the hinges are just bolted-on, but are hidden behind plastic covers.

Customer:

Not by the fridge right now

George-Allsorts :

You can send any photos to my works mobile if out of hours .. #07787182156

Customer:

It looks to me as if one end of the hinge is screwed into the fridge itself, but I cant see it properly because the fridge lines up with the side of the built in unit. So I'm only guessing

Customer:

I'm calling from Ireland. is it possible to send photos tomorrow?

George-Allsorts :

Certainly... Chat to you then

Customer:

Thanks a lot. I think that would be better all round and apologies I'm not at the freezer this minute

George-Allsorts :

No problem at all.. You may need to be a little patient if I'm not available though

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I am now attaching the photo requested. So my question again is, " is he other end of the hinge screwed to the fridge and how do I get it out. thank you, ***** ***** i did not have the photo yesterday

hinge
Full Size Image

Customer:

anybody get the attached photo. Thanks

George-Allsorts :

Hi, thanks for posting the photo.. sorry about the late reply..

With this type of hinge, the door is separate from the refrigeration unit... If there is enough depth to the cabinet that encloses the appliance, then the main body of the appliance can be pushed backwards to access the hinge slider that is screwed to the cabinet side wall.. Alternatively, the main body of the appliance must be removed from its housing to access the hinges for changing

Tip** Make sure you mark around the hinge so that it is re-placed in the same position.

Customer:

That's the one. thank you.