Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I am in Rome, Italy. I have an older (not sure how old) Kelvinator

I am in Rome, Italy. I have an older (not sure how old) Kelvinator Refrigerator. I understand Candy bought Kelvinator years ago. The problem is rubber (I think it's rubber) seal around the lower door (refrigerator not freezer compartment). It no longer seals leaving gaps at several points making it no longer airtight. I at least need to find the spare part and, if not too difficult, repair instructions or someone who can do it for me. The refrigerator details are:
Model KT/1042A (not sure it's an A because the tag is a bit worn)
Serial Number (###) ###-####
At the bottom of the tag is Kelly Italiana but I don't know if that is the maker, seller or what.
My email is: *****@******.***
Frank Casale
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

If you can give me the model and serial number of the appliance I will see what I can find out for you ~ Ian

Customer:

I included themodel and serial number in my origina question but here it is again.

Customer:

kelvinator refrigerator, Model KT/1042A (not sure it's an A because the tag is a bit worn) Serial Number(###) ###-####

Customer:

I have an errand I need to do . will be back in 30 min. (currently 9:42 Rome time)

Dales-Electronic :

OK for your information ~ manufactured between 1980-1984 by Kelly Refrigeration Italy, went under in 1972. Model number is ***** the A indicates that the colour was almond ~~

Dales-Electronic :

KT104/2 service manual

Dales-Electronic :

Have a look at this ~ I cant see any parts available for this in the UK but if you can get the old one off ie it is removable I may be able to get one made for you ~ Ian

Customer:

Dear *****,Thanks.

Customer:

for the information. I think before taking you up on your suggestion, I'll try to see if I can find the part in Italy, even in Rome where I could just go get it. If that doesn't work, can you tell me how to get back to you to try to make one? The problem is that getting it to you, having it made and getting it back would be considerable time during which the refrigerator would be unusable - unless you have some sneaky interim seal suggestion.

Customer:

Also, would you have any idea how much it would cost to have one made? On such an old refrigerator, it would not be wise to invest a great deal of money but rather to put it to a new one. (Parenthetically, the appliance is not really mine but in the apartment I rent owned by a typical landlady who is allergic to spending any money).