Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Beko CF64S Fridge with door seal problem; replaced

Customer Question

I have a Beko CF64S Fridge with door seal problem; replaced the seal but still not closing properly hence forming frost at back?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

Hi Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK door seal first, there is only one way to set up a domestic refrigerator door ~ empty it out completely, unplug and then lay it on its back. Now fit the door so that all sides are sealed. Stand it up, you may have to reset the feet. leave it for 15 minutes and then plug in and off you go. Got that bit?

Dales-Electronic :

When you have done this come back to me and we will consider the next things that can cause the icing problem.

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

Mine is a fridge come freeze at the bottom (model CF64S) and I changed fridge door seal as instruction in the replacement I bought

Dales-Electronic :

That is fine it is the same procedure, drop it on its back and line up both doors, you are using gravity to level them both out, you may have to move the middle hinge assembly as well as the bottom one but once set you should be OK ~ come back to me when this bit is done.

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

I have done what you recommend and still feels flimsy as if the magnets on the door seal are gone/wornout as compared to the freeze door one?

Dales-Electronic :

OK abit of physics for you which I hope explain why you have a difference ~ air pressure and temperature are interrelated so if the temperature inside an appliance is very cold then the pressure inside is equally low. This means as the temperature in the freezer is much colder than in the fridge the suction in the freezer compartment door is much greater than in the fridge. ie difficult to open the freezer door easy to open the fridge door. If the seal is all the way around then you should be OK. Now are you ready for the second check that you have to make?

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

Very enlighting!

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

What is the second test.

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you got the appliance running ?

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

There is a lump of ice which has formed on the back

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

No not yet

Dales-Electronic :

OK is the block of ice in the fridge?

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

Yes

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you tap it gently with say a small hammer it should shatter and fall off the back, just tap it don't stab it. Then switch the appliance on but leave it so that you can get around the back

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

Copied

Dales-Electronic :

OK come back to me when you have the ice off and the appliance has been running for say 30 mins

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

The lump come off and I have been running the fridge for 30 min!

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you put you hand on the motor (compressor) at the back and tell me if its is hot or just warm and if you put you head in the fridge compartment can you hear a constant hissing of gas as it passes through or is it a hiss followed by a pause and then another hissing session?

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

The compressor is warm and there is a hissing sound which is synchronised with the compressor

Dales-Electronic :

OK that is fine all seems to be in order, just keep an eye on the ice build up but so far so good. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close the job on the system but lets you ask further questions on a free of charge basis should you need to at a later date. Have a great evening ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

Do I take it that the door seal will improve with temp cooling down?? at the moment the seal feels filmsy/not tight when you shut the door!

Dales-Electronic :

Yes it will, but just to be sure check using something magnetic that the one supplied does have a magnetic strip in place, in the past I have had them where it is missing

JACUSTOMER-akg3xg99- :

Thank you very much; I,ll rate you and if there is an question will come back to you.

Dales-Electronic :

OK take care, I am here most days ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.