Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

have removed a piece of wire from filter in bosch washing machine

Customer Question

have removed a piece of wire from filter in bosch washing machine think there may be more inside. machine very noisy and will not drain
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK firstly you have almost for sure found a bra wire in the filter/pump chamber and from what you have told me you have more of it stuck in the drum which is what is catching and making the noise. Can you give me the full product ENr which is on the rating plate so that I can further advise you how you might remove this wire ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-zg3zi4ba- :

boschEXXCEL 7 1200

Dales-Electronic :

If you look at the rating plate it will give you and ENr which will end /.. where the two dots are two numbers, this is the model number, the Exxcel is just a range of models

JACUSTOMER-zg3zi4ba- :

WAE24468GB

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get the appliance out and get to the underside of the appliance ?

JACUSTOMER-zg3zi4ba- :

OK

Dales-Electronic :

Tip it over on its back keeping it slightly up by putting a rolled towel under the rear. Watch the water pipes, drain pipe and electrics as you lean it back. Now take off the sump to drain pump hose and make sure that there are no further bits of wire in the pipe. Once this is done you should be able to see if there are any more bits in the tube through the sump ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

You will likely need long noised pliers to pull bits out but be careful you don't damage the pipe.

JACUSTOMER-zg3zi4ba- :

Have sump off don't see anything stuck, machine drains and empties but is very noisy

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me just have a look at the illustrated parts list two seconds, is it noisy when you turn the drum by hand or is it only when the pump is going?

JACUSTOMER-zg3zi4ba- :

only when the pump is going

Dales-Electronic :

OK that is fine, whilst you have it on its back have a look in the pump chamber having taken out the filter and tell me if that is clear, be sure to check where the sump to drain pipe connects to the pump chamber.

JACUSTOMER-zg3zi4ba- :

all clear

Dales-Electronic :

OK then what has happened is that the piece of bra wire has damaged the pump impeller, you will need to replace the pump or put up with the noise, replacement pumps are not too expensive.

JACUSTOMER-zg3zi4ba- :

ok thank you for your help

Dales-Electronic :

Many thanks for your rating ~ see you next time around. Ian