Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

What is the amp (current) rating NV66H3523LS/EU

What is the amp (current) rating for the Samsung NV66H3523LS/EU built-in oven. Currys installation engineer reckons it needs to be connected to a 32 amp spur; not the 13 amp one that we have. The oven has been delivered but the engineer would or could not install it and it is just taking up space in my kitchen!

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

This is right on the edge of needing the 32amp supply.
However, that is when all the elements are on together. This is the rating they give.
In practice you wouldnt have all the elements on at once.

Therefore it is ok for you to use the 13amp plug

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your response. Would you consider it safe for me to install the oven myself or would you recommend a qualified electrician? I do have experience in electronics but not specifically domestic electrics.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
In the instruction book it tells you the connections to make
The other end is just a standard 13 amp plug
Its not complictaed to do.
Get the plug and cable from a suitable electricians and tell them its for a single built in oven

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you
Rob