George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I I have a Zanussi ZT 685 dishwasher that has suddenly stopped

I I have a Zanussi ZT 685 dishwasher that has suddenly stopped filling up with water. Initially the rinse & hold light was flashing so I added rinse aid but nothing changed. I have turned the dishwasher off overnight & checked the water supply which appears to be ok (no kinks in the pipes etc...)
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thank you *****
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Elaine, my name is George.. Can you give me the PNC/Product number from the appliance please... usually found down the side of the door.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: Ok many thanx George,
Customer: It is a built in dishwasher, Aquasave ZT 685. Elaine
George-Allsorts :

When you switch it on, can you hear a slight buzz to the left-resr of the appliance?

Customer: Hang on I'll check
George-Allsorts :

Ok thank you

Customer: No I can't hear any buzz, just a quiet click a second or two after I press it on which I think is just the on/off light going on and the temperature setting light going on too.
George-Allsorts :

Then it seems as if your WATER VALVE Part number #1520233006 has become defective and will need replacing

Customer: Oh! Are they easy enough to buy & fit George or will I need an engineer?
George-Allsorts :

You will need an engineer to fit it... you can buy it yourself, however, an engineer can usually get one at a discounted price

George-Allsorts :

The appliance needs stripping to remove the old one and to fit the new one... Supply parts would need checking before fitting too

Customer: Ok thanx for that, I'll try and find an engineer ­čś× only just moved into this house 4 weeks ago & this has happened & 4 weeks before I left my last place my other one broke, so I will have repaired two dishwashers in 2 months!
George-Allsorts :

The one you are describing is an old year 2000 model, but the parts are still available, I have just checked

George-Allsorts :

If you let me know your postcode, I can see if I have an engineers details local to you

Customer: L39 6SS
George-Allsorts :

Electro-fix (Dave)
Liverpool
Phone: 0151(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: Thank you I will give him a call. I have made a note of everything that you have advised & taken Dave's details down but do I get a log report with our chat just I case I mislay my note?
George-Allsorts :

I don't know that Elaine sorry... I am purely an engineer to assist you on the site. I am not JustAnswer staff.

George-Allsorts :

---------------------------
Please remember to rate my assistance appropriately

Customer: Thats ok George, like I said I've made some notes. Thank you once again. Bye
George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome Elaine.. Have a good weekend