George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Teka built in oven. The display is flashing and the

I have a Teka built in oven. The display is flashing and the time cannot be changed, and the oven is not working. What is wrong and what needs doing?
Tony
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Tony , my name is George.. At some period the appliance has lost its power.. You need to set the timer to manual to use the oven.

Can you give me the model number of the oven... It will be on a label inside the door opening.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Hello George

Customer:

It is a Teka HA-830

George-Allsorts :

Thanks Tony... Let me see if I can get any information on the clock... One moment please

George-Allsorts :

Tony, can you tell me the VR number from the data label please

Customer:

No luck, I'm afraid. Label almost gone!

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. let me see what I can do...

George-Allsorts :

I am still looking for you... I wont be long

George-Allsorts :

I have searched all the variants of this appliance for information regarding the clock...

What is the actual problem that you are having.. ie. what is stopping you from setting the clock?

Customer:

Nothing happens when you press any of the buttons. It should normally fast forward or back to set the time. But it does not.

Customer:

The manual says that the clock must be set (ie not flashing) before the oven will work.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. So this indicates that the button set, or the clock itself is defective and will need replacing.

However, I have the wiring diagram that, if you feel proficient to do so, you can bypass the clocks relay.

George-Allsorts :

would you like a link to download the wiring diagram?

Customer:

If you think that will work then let's give it a go!

George-Allsorts :

teka_ha-830_Wiring Diagram

George-Allsorts :

If you look at the last page.. you will see the diagram with the clock in the right upper corner of the diagram

George-Allsorts :

As you can see from the diagram, the Neutral is controlled by the relay connections J1 and J2.. You need to join those two connections to bypass the relay.

BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE DISCONNECTED THE POWER TO THE APPLIANCE

Customer:

I think I may need some help with this! I am a decorator but not much of an electrician!

George-Allsorts :

wOULD YOU LIKE ME TO GIVE YOU THE DETAILS OF AN APPLIANCE ENGINEER LOCAL TO YOU?

George-Allsorts :

sORRY FOR THE cAPS lOCK

Customer:

Yes that would be great, thanks.

George-Allsorts :

Can you let me know your postcode please

Customer:

BA12 6AS

George-Allsorts :

___________________________________

Steve Kearney
Midsommer Norton
Phone: 01761 410017
Mobile: 07832 224656
___________________________________

Steve's Appliance Services
Calne
Phone: 01249 821936
___________________________________

Hot & Cold Appliance Care
Bristol
Phone: 07971 374374
___________________________________

BSC Electrical
Bristol
Phone: 0117 951 835
Mobile: 07779 933829
___________________________________

BDB (GB) LTD
Winscombe
Phone: 01934 844753
Mobile: 07889 816281
___________________________________

George-Allsorts :

-------------------------------------------------

Please rate the assistance given to you today... Use the smiley faces you can see to do this

Customer:

Thanks a lot.

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair