George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

have a hotpoint aquarius WF_541 washing machine. doing a wash

have a hotpoint aquarius WF_541 washing machine. doing a wash last week and had a power cut half way though the cycle. Went to restart it and wont work . Rinse hold and mini load lights flash and some water starts to enter and drains straight out. Any ideas what the problem might be?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you confirm that this is the 3rd and 4th lights?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

yes

Customer:

left handside

George-Allsorts :

Then you have a fault with the NTC at the center of the heater.. or the wires running to it... The NTC has a plastic plug connection on the rear of it so you would recognise it

Customer:

what a NTC?

George-Allsorts :

The Thermistor/NTC is Hotpoint part number C00083915 and it controls the temperature of the heater, a bit like a thermostat.

George-Allsorts :

Please rate the assistance given accordingly

George-Allsorts :

Check the thin wires leading to it before buying a new one... a broken wire leading to the NTC would cause the same error

George-Allsorts :

----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate the assistance given you today, and feel free to ask further questions if you have any

Customer:

whats a ntc

George-Allsorts :

The NTC is a thermistor which is a bit like a thermostat... it controls the temperature of the heater

Here is a link to the part on the Hotpoint website

Customer:

ok thanks

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome