KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Cannot access any of the wash programm on my miele w1756 washing

Cannot access any of the wash programm on my miele w1756 washing machine the dial just keep doing round but no programm comes up
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and has it ever displayed any error codes/flashing lights ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure how old the machine is.it say water proof on the display
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The reason that 'Waterproof' is displayed is: 'The water protection system has reacted' ... This happens when the base of the appliance becomes filled with water, or, the safety float switch becomes faulty

----------------------------------------------
Remember to rate the assistance given.. If you need to ask further questions, pease do so.
Hello there, sorry for delayed response, was away for few days....with these washers their is a float located in the bottom of the machine, waterproof fault is displayed because of excess water inside the bottom. To resolve this problem you will have to unplug the washer, then remove the drain hose and make sure it is not blocked. After this remove the drain filter and make sure everything is clean in there... with the filter removed tilt the machine forward by around 45 degrees so any water trapped in there comes out. After this is done plug it back again, it should work. If the problem appears again then it might be caused due to leak somewhere inside the machine... let me know how it goes.
Kevin
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years